Referring to cannabis plants grown from seeds that have been selectively bred to produce only female plants. Since only female plants produce cannabinoids, farmers work hard to ensure their plants are female. Feminized seeds make cultivation easier for farmers by removing male plants early to prevent fertilization.
- Are Hemp Breeders Alleviating Utility Patents To Safeguard Novel Varieties?
- CBG Set for Wider Distribution in Canada as International Companies Team Up
- High Grade Hemp Seeds Offers Farmers a Way to Diversify Hemp Production with New CBG Strain
- Mistakes for Farmers to Avoid Before Planting this Year
- Seed Buyback Announced by EcoGen Labs
- NEHI Works to Provide First Hemp Seed Catalogue
- The Farmers who Came Out Ahead This Year See Hemp as a Side Hustle
- Nebraska Company Seeking Grant to Grow Hemp
- Canadian Company Battles Nevada Producer in Vicious Double Headed Lawsuit
- Report: CBD From Hemp Could be Worth $23 Billion by 2023
- The Challenge of Buying Quality Hemp Seeds
- 75% of Pennsylvania CBD Producers without Purchase Contracts
- Utah Farmers Find Hemp to be a Mixed Bag their First Year
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Other Hemp Industry Terms
Medically active compounds found in the hemp and marijuana plants that are similar in structure…
A standard measurement of light intensity, representing the amount of illuminance on a surface one…
A group of organisms without organelles and smaller than Eukaryotes. All prokaryotes are single-celled, and…
A private organization which tests and lists electrical (and other) equipment for electrical and fire…
A hydroponic system in which the medium, usually aggregate pebbles, is periodically flooded with nutrient…