The process of pressurizing liquid or gas CO2 to its “supercritical state” and passing it through cannabis to extract the active compounds from the plant. This is considered a preferred extraction method because it does not require synthetic solvents and maintains the integrity of the plant.
- CBD Manufacturers Utilising CO2 Extraction Could Be Breaching Patent
- Marijuana, Hemp Oil Prices Fall Nationwide Amid Growing Supply of Raw Materials
- Estonian Company Looks to Make an Impact on the Future of Hemp
- UC Riverside Researchers Seek Better Ways to Process Hemp
- Wisconsin Company Focuses on Seed-to-Bottle CBD
- Hemp isn’t Everyone’s Favorite Industry
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Other Hemp Industry Terms
Anaerobic literally means “not breathing air.” Anaerobic organisms are almost entirely single-celled organisms, and many…
An inorganic element, such as calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, or zinc, that is essential to…
Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
Diatomaceous Earth is a misnomer. It is not actually soil or dirt, but the leftover…
The main phytocannabinoid in the marijuana plant responsible for the “high,” the euphoric and psychoactive…