The scientific name for “hemp,” an annual herbaceous plant in the Cannabis genus originating from Central Asia that has been widely used as a medicine and industrial fiber. Cannabis sativa L. contains lower levels of THC compared to Cannabis indica, therefore it does not produce a psychoactive “high.”
- The Importance of Mapping the Cannabis Genome
- The Cannabis sales market is poised to explode.
- USDA to Study Hemp Ingredients in Cosmetic Products
- Federal Agencies Second 1% THC in Hemp
- Hemp Listed in Italy’s Agricultural Product List
- Pet Hemp Products Tested for Contents
- Louisiana Jumps into Industrial Hemp
- Bee Populations Could be Restored by Hemp Crops New Study Finds
- Can Employees be Fired for Using CBD?
- Colorado Hemp Company will drop Lawsuit with Idaho Police if their Hemp is Returned.
- Washington Poised to Permit Hemp Manufacturing
- Holiday Gift Guide 2020 – Part 2
- Hemp vs. Marijuana
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Other Hemp Industry Terms
Minimal Risk Pesticides
Minimal risk pesticides (sometimes called section 25b pesticides) are pesticides that have been determined by…
Chlormequat is a plant growth regulator that is used to thicken stems. As a PGR,…
Soil amendments are products that modify the soil or media in some way. Some possible…
Coevolution is a special kind of evolution, wherein two or more species adapt to evolutionary…
Conservation of Energy
Conservation of energy is a physical law that states that energy cannot be created or…