The scientific name for “hemp,” an annual herbaceous plant in the Cannabis genus originating from Central Asia that has been widely used as a medicine and industrial fiber. Cannabis sativa L. contains lower levels of THC compared to Cannabis indica, therefore it does not produce a psychoactive “high.”
- The Importance of Mapping the Cannabis Genome
- The Cannabis sales market is poised to explode.
- Pet Hemp Products Tested for Contents
- Louisiana Jumps into Industrial Hemp
- Bee Populations Could be Restored by Hemp Crops New Study Finds
- Can Employees be Fired for Using CBD?
- Colorado Hemp Company will drop Lawsuit with Idaho Police if their Hemp is Returned.
- Hemp vs. Marijuana
Sign Up for Our Newsletter!
Other Hemp Industry Terms
Amino acids are the basic building blocks of proteins. There are 500 known amino acids,…
Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) is a spectrometry technique capable of detecting metals and…
Worm castings (sometimes called vermicast) are an organic fertilizer produced by earthworm fecal matter. The…
Compounds (hydrocarbon groups) in the cannabis plant that are instrumental to the physiological effects of…
Zygosity is a measurement of the similarity of two alleles for the same gene. In…