The Food and Drug Administration has issued a new report to warn consumers about the potentially risky side effects of using CBD.
In addition to their statement to the public, the FDA also issued warning letters to 15 companies telling them to cease and desist selling CBD products illegally.
The gripe the FDA has with most of these companies has to do with health claims the companies are making as well as selling food and drink items with CBD in them. They are also barred from selling CBD as a dietary supplement.
The FDA has stated that it has limited data about how safe CBD is for people and at what doses. The conditions that they are manufactured under is also up for debate as well.
The FDA has warned that there are still possible issues associated with eating CBD. They include:
- • Interfering with other drugs and causing side effects
- • Changes in alertness
- • Causing increased sedation and drowsiness when taken with alcohol
- • Liver injury
- • Gastrointestinal distress
- • Changes in mood
The FDA is also unsure what effects CBD has on developing minds, a developing fetus, male virility, or other effects.
During their investigation, the FDA found 15 companies that they found to be in violation of these rules, they include:
- • Koi CBD LLC, of Norwalk, California
- • Pink Collections Inc., of Beverly Hills, California
- • Noli Oil, of Southlake, Texas
- • Natural Native LLC, of Norman, Oklahoma
- • Whole Leaf Organics LLC, of Sherman Oaks, California
- • Infinite Product Company LLLP, doing business as Infinite CBD, of Lakewood, Colorado
- • Apex Hemp Oil LLC, of Redmond, Oregon
- • Bella Rose Labs, of Brooklyn, New York
- • Sunflora Inc., of Tampa, Florida/Your CBD Store, of Bradenton, Florida
- • Healthy Hemp Strategies LLC, doing business as Curapure, of Concord, California
- • Private I Salon LLC, of Charlotte, North Carolina
- • Organix Industries Inc., doing business as Plant Organix, of San Bernardino, California
- • Red Pill Medical Inc., of Phoenix, Arizona
- • Sabai Ventures Ltd., of Los Angeles, California
- • Daddy Burt LLC, (Daddy Burt Hemp Co.), of Lexington, Kentucky