Despite the extensive interest that cannabidiol products have garnered in the media, a new poll by Invisibly has shown that most Americans do not know what the cannabinoid is. With the legalization of hemp at the federal level, more and more products continue to fill shelves.
According to the results, 1087 Americans were polled about their CBD knowledge. The poll used Invisibly’s Realtime Research tool. Those polled were also asked about their interest in using CBD products.
Interestingly, the poll concluded that 62% of Americans are yet to try out any products made with CBD. For the rest who have tried CBD, 14% used it in its edible form while 11% used CBD as topical creams or ointments. 13% Used CBD in both topical and ingestible forms.
Now, for those who said that they were yet to try CBD products, 68 percent said that they do not understand the difference between THC from marijuana and CBD. What about those who have tried CBD products? 64% are reported to know the difference. The remaining 36% said they could not differentiate CBD and THC when they used the products.
According to the Invisible poll results, 53% said that they will not use CBD for any reason. Out of the 47%, 24% will use it for stress and anxiety, 14% for stress and physical pain, and 9% for chronic physical pain.
Th poll also found out that women are more frequent inestible and topical cannabidiol product users than males and non-binary participants of the poll. 59% of women said they tried ingestible and topical CBD as compared to 26% and 24% men and non binary respondents respectively.
71% of those who have never used CBD will not consider taking the product. 30% of them may consider its benefits for stress, anxiety or physical pain.